Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Talent Show

I went over to my friends' frat house, I hadn't showered and felt disgusting and uncomfortable the entire time, it had been days since I showered. They were having a big talent show and were preparing for it. I sat next to my friend and we just chatted and smoked as everyone got ready for the show. I sat down into a big, ugly, old, squishy couch by myself to watch, it was really uncomfortable and I kept drifting around with how soft it was.

The first to go was a group of women in dresses twice as long as they were. None of them knew what they were doing and tripped all over themselves, knocking each other down. We all clapped anyway. One very nerdy looking woman sat down next to me after they were done, I really started to notice how badly I needed a shower.
When she sat down, it made us start to sink towards each other but I kept trying to sink back so it wouldn't be awkward. The next talent was people playing a game of Stellaris, I could tell the girl next to me was really into the game.

Eventually I started to get sweaty and uncomfortable, partly from it getting warm and partly from all the grime on my body from not showering. I sat up and kept sinking even more into the couch, the cushions going up my sides.
After squirming a bunch, a guy next to me asked what my issue was and I explained the whole couch situation. Especially how it's awkward because it's like the couch is forcing me to cuddle this people I've never even hung out with before. She laughed when she heard me say that and quietly said, "maybe we should." I said I would be down and finally got more comfortable in the couch.

The show ends and I get up and start talking to my friends. Eventually the girl comes up to me, her voice is extremely nasally. I see her face up close for the first time and it's spotted with long black hairs on her cheeks and forehead, her glasses are covered in tape. She asks if I was serious before, and I told her yes and asked for her phone number. She tells me no, and that if we do it, it has to be tonight because she's busy. She continues to mention that she lives with her family and they don't allow technology, but I could come over to her house and we'd be left alone. I say I'd need to shower but sure it could work. Then she starts asking about what we're going to do, I suggested Settlers of Catan, but she starts wiggling her fingers in front of me, pretending to grab. She asks, "can I really do this? Can I touch all of THAT? What do I even do with it? I really need all of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment